Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Synergy


The second Tuesday of every month I gather with three other guys to discuss business issues and marketing. Two of us have the opportunity each week to present specific problems we are facing and we solicit ideas and advice from the others.

We are all like minded in terms of how we like to conduct business so the meetings can be very encouraging and they are definitely helpful. All in all our time together is well worth it as it helps each of us to be better in the roles we find ourselves in.

It's amazing what happens when like-minded people get together. Synergy takes place.

Synergy is defined as "The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects. " In other words, two or more working together toward a common goal will produce more than two times what each person would do on their own.

The same holds true in our Christian walk. I have a handful of people I get together with one on one regularly who help to hold me accountable and to encourage me. These relationships mean the world to me and they help me in great ways.

If you don't have any relationships like this, I encourage you to be proactive and seek out others until you find someone. It could be a mentor, an accountability partner or a friend to share your life with. If you do this, I promise you that it will encourage you.


A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12b

No comments: