Thursday, February 04, 2010

From a Place of Worship & Rest

Last November, I had a very interesting meeting with someone who had spent the past five years on a prophetic team at The International House of Prayer (IHOP) in Kansas City. I have to be honest, I didn't even know such teams existed.

Anyway, after our prayer time at the beginning of our time together, she shared with me some things that God was speaking to her about me. One of those things was that I would get my best ideas in the coming months and years coming out of a place of worship and rest.

I thought, That's nice. But deep in my heart, I believe I was actually saying something more like, Yea, right. I have never met you before in my life. Like I'm really going to believe that.

You see, I have always felt that in order to get breakthroughs, you just need to focus more and work harder. So, what I was now hearing sounded like a foreign language to me.

In late December, I then attended the onething conference put on by IHOP in Kansas City. During that conference, Mike Bickle delivered a message on loving God with all our hearts which really rocked my world (I highly encourage you to click here and invest 38 minutes to watch it). During the message he shared that according to the Bible we are incapable of loving God totally on our own. We need His love to be poured into our hearts so we can love God properly.

Anyway, since that time, I have been asking for this increase of love in my heart. And, in this past week, I have truly noticed a change in my heart. I have sensed my love actually growing for God. Sounds weird, I know, but it's true.

Yesterday, I was at Toledo's House of Prayer from 9:30 - 11:30, which I try to do each Wednesday morning. I found myself just worshipping God and resting. I was actually not thinking about anything but Him (which is rare for me). And guess what happened?

I actually got seven or eight different ideas just dropped in my spirit. It was like they came from left field. Some were related, some not.

Then today during lunch I was working out and listening to praise and worship songs and the same thing happened! Three new ideas.

Amazing. At least to me. There must really be something to this. God is so good!

I do believe that God is changing my paradigm a bit, no? So what do you say--would you like to join me on this journey of seeking Him through worship and rest?

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
Matthew 6:33

2 comments:

Cheryl Smith said...

Jim,

It seems God's message of resting in Him and loving Him is for the entire Body of Christ. I know these words have rung loud and true in my own times of quiet devotion recently.

Thanks for the link to Mike Bickle's message. Lately, I've heard several people speak about him, but until this post, haven't had the opportunity to look up his messages.

Blessings to you. And thankful for High Calling Blogs for helping me make this connection.

Jim Lange said...

I agree with you Cheryl that this is a message for the Church as a whole. It just seems to be especially relevant for me lately.

Definitely check out some of Mike Bickle's teachings. Powerful stuff.

Thanks so much for checking in!

Blessings to you!