Thursday, March 08, 2007

Good Loooking Bosses More Competent?

As I read an MSNBC story today I was in shock. Now I am not one of those politically correct people - in fact I am quite the opposite. But when they shared that they have found "better looking" people to be more effective bosses, I was stunned.

Only later in the article did they redeem themselves with me when said:

“I’m not talking Hollywood glamour,” she says. “I have never seen an unattractive person. The people that come to me have generally not yet learned how to make themselves look attractive.”

I can agree with this statement. I do believe we need to look our best while in our jobs, especially if we will be seeing clients. First impressions are very important in business.

Colossians 3:23 instructs us to work at whatever we do as if we are working for the Lord (which we are!)- this includes taking care of ourselves and looking our best.

No comments: