Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ever Have a Bad Day at Work?

I don't know about you but when things get hectic at work or don't go the way I would like, I tend to get stressed and focused on all that is not right in my world. I've been having one of those weeks this week.

Yesterday, God put it all in perspective for me.

A good friend of mine, who just became a Christian three weeks ago, came to my office to share with me that his 19 year-old son was going to prison for 90 days because of drug use. He recognizes that God is in control, yet he is still devastated.

About an hour later I received word that another good friend's 14 year-old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia. I have not spoken with him yet but I know that this has rocked their family's world despite having very strong faith.

This was a reminder to me that I need to not take things so seriously at work. Issues at work really are not that big of a deal when viewed from an eternal perspective. I need to not make "mountains out of molehills." Sure, I need to react to issues, but I don't have to let those problems rule. I need to remember Who is truly in control. How about you?

No comments: