Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Watch Your Mouth


I was in a meeting yesterday with one other guy and 11 women. It was a very productive meeting but I was amazed at the cussing coming from the mouths of several of the people in the room. It was incredible and it would have made some of the most seasoned sailors blush.

I was reminded of something we discussed in the home group my wife and I are part of from the book of James: Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.

I believe this not only includes swearing but can also include complaining. Jesus said in Matthew 15:18 that "...the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.'"

So how is your heart? Remember, many can see your heart by the words that come out of your mouth.

No comments: