Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Unplugged II

My wife Connie and I returned early this morning from a great week in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and we had an awesome time.

I did something I haven't done in a while. I went on this trip and totally unplugged. No laptop. No cell phone. No connection to the civilized world (well, actually this isn't totally true...I did leave my cell on in case there was an emergency at home but I didn't answer it the whole week).

It was fantastic not having those things to tie me down. In fact, I didn't think about any of that stuff the entire week. I actually got to do a whole lot of nothing which was just what the doctor ordered. I read five books and spent some incredible time with my bride. Ahhh, peace. Good stuff.

And you know what? Even though I wasn't there to answer my phone or my emails, the world did not come off its axis! And getting through all my emails didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. Thank you Lord!

I have made a commitment to myself that I now want to translate this somehow into my day to day life and not stress out when I'm not getting all my "stuff" done.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

No comments: