Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Senior Moment

It's that time of year when I annually read about Ohio State football seniors who cannot believe that this is their final season as a Buckeye. Dane Sanzenbacher, a Buckeye senior from Toledo, said this about his career, "I just shake my head thinking about it. Those four years have absolutely flown by - good times, tough times - it all seems to go by so fast." (Click here to read entire story)

I can totally relate to what Sanzenbacher is saying. I distinctly remember my first two years at The University of Toledo. I used to dread basketball practice each day and it felt like my career would never come to an end (This may sound odd, but it wasn't a lot of fun most days...in fact it felt like a tough job much of the time). In spite of my feelings, before I knew it, I was a senior.

Now I look back and it has been over 25 years since I suited up, yet it seems like yesterday...although my body begs to differ!

This is a great reminder to me of how precious and how short life is...it truly is but a mist. So Carpe Diem!

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
James 4:14

No comments: