Monday, May 21, 2007

Busted, part 2

A few days ago, I wrote about the feeling of being caught red-handed and how I thought I was caught speeding. Thankfully, I was not speeding at the time.

However, over the weekend, I received a surprise in the mail. Apparently my town is now using cameras to catch people speeding and I was one of their victims. They have been using cameras to catch red light violations but this method to catch you speeding was news to me.

I was with my family at an event put on by Impact World Tour (a Christian outreach event) and it was pretty loud. My 10 year-old son has very sensitive ears so he asked if I would run out to get ear plugs for him so I did. I was in a hurry to get back so I wouldn't miss too much. Even though my motives were pure - I was trying to serve my son and we were at a Christian event - I was busted! I guess no matter what your motives, if you violate the rules, you must pay the consequences.

God sure does have a sense of humor and I have learned a $95 lesson.

No comments: