Thursday, May 24, 2007

Your Serve

I talked with a good friend of mine yesterday who has been experiencing some difficulties in his marriage. His wife recently had emergency gall bladder surgery and was not to do much for 4-6 weeks. As a result, my friend had to really step up and fill in the gap while she recovered.

I asked him how he and his wife were doing and he said, "It seems like she is a little more tender-hearted toward me as a result of all this." I asked why he thought this was and he said it probably had to do with the way he was serving her.

What a great lesson for each and every one of us to use in all our relationships, especially if you are a leader. The greatest Leader of all time, Jesus said that He "did not come to be served, but to serve."

Who can you serve today? You might find that your service toward that person really improves your relationship.


No comments: