Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Busted


I was driving on the highway to a doctor appointment this morning. I came around a bend and saw a state highway patrolman standing next to his car and pointing his radar gun right at me. I immediately had this panicked feeling - a feeling of serious guilt - a feeling of being caught red-handed. I looked at my speedometer and I was going the speed limit.


If I wasn't breaking any laws, why did I have this feeling of guilt? Probably because I don't always go the speed limit. I thought how much less stressful driving would be if I always went the speed limit.


Then I started thinking about the rest of my life and other areas where I am not always doing the right thing.


Are there any areas in your life where you would have the feeling of being caught red-handed should someone notice you? It could be in any area: gossip, pride, judgment, worrying...




No comments: