Monday, December 17, 2007

Lead By Example


I don't hide the fact that I am a huge Ohio State fan. That's why I was thrilled to read this excerpt in a magazine about the Buckeye's head football coach, Jim Tressel:

Ohio State Linebackers coach Luke Fickell arrived at the Woody Hayes Athletics Center a few seconds after his boss one morning earlier this year. Then he watched Tressel, walking in the front door in front of him, picking up trash on his way to the door.

"And I'm looking around like I'd better find something to pick up, too," Fickell said. "If he is picking up trash, I mean, what kind of example is that? Just little things like that every day lets you know it's about people, it's about doing the right thing, it's about being a good person."

Cool stuff. Something we can all learn from!

No comments: