Thursday, December 06, 2007

Life is a Mist

This has been a sad week. Two days ago I learned about a guy who was the friend of my next door neighbor who was in his 30s and passed away. Yesterday morning, I learned about a friend of mine who had a baby boy who died two days later. Yesterday early evening, I received a call from a friend and neighbor telling me that his wife had just passed away.

The thing that was in common with all of these was how quickly they all happened. My neighbor's friend died after a few days in the hospital-prior to that he appeared fine. My friend's son died after living only two days. My friend's wife had been diagnosed with cancer only three weeks ago.

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James 4:14

How true.

It is a shame that it takes tragedy in our lives and in the lives of those we know to make us realize what James is telling us.

Our life is but a mist. We must take advantage of this day God has given us. We must lead like crazy. We must love like crazy.

Carpe Diem!

No comments: