Monday, June 11, 2007

THE BRIDGE



Last Friday I took my son Robbie and his friend Jake on a tour of Toledo's Veteran's Glass City Skyway bridge. This project has been under construction for the better part of six years and is the single largest project ever undertaken by the Ohio Department of Transportation. The price tag on the project is over $270 million. It is due to open on June 25th of this year.

Our tour was very cool. We learned that this bridge has set several world records including the fact that this is the only bridge in the world to contain glass. Glass panels are used in the main pylon since Toledo is the "Glass City" and they will be used for LED light shows which will make this quite a sight in the evening.

I found out about this tour when one of my clients wrote me after reading my March Bleedership newsletter where I referred to this project. He mentioned that they had these tours so I thought it would be a good idea to take my son.

In my newsletter I discussed the fact that when this project was announced I thought to myself, Why bother? It's going to take forever to complete this. I then discuss how this can be very similar to our lives. We may have some changes God would like to make in us but we may say, Why bother? It's going to take forever to complete this.

If you have ever felt this way, you might want to read my March newsletter. If you would like this, please send me an email at info@bleedership.com and I will email you a PDF of the newsletter.

Obviously, no matter how far we need to go in certain areas of our lives, it is worth the effort. Just like Toledo's new bridge, if we work on ourselves each day, it will be completed.

Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

No comments: