Friday, June 29, 2007

Crank It Up



I was in my car stopped at a red light a couple of days ago. The guy next to me had his stereo on very loud with a lot of bass. You know, the kind that makes your chest pound - I love that!

Anyway, I glanced in my rear view mirror and noticed my entire car was vibrating to his music. I have noticed this before in my car when I have my stereo on loud and there is a lot of bass but this was the first time I had ever noticed another person's stereo shaking my car.

This is a pretty close analogy to how we are during our workday. We can either be "shaking the car" next to us or we can not be having an impact at all. Let's let our light shine - let's shake the car next to us - during our workday so that others can see Jesus through us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was once stopped at a red light and felt the pounding from someone else's car stereo. I rolled down the windows on MY car and cranked up DC Talk's "Jesus Freak." What fun, being a rebel!