Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It's all Good

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

A couple of days ago I told you I twisted my ankle on a hike in the Smokies. I have taken a couple of awesome hikes since then - today to Rainbow Falls shown above.

The hike was very strenuous going up as we climbed about 1,500 feet in 2.7 miles. The way down was obviously much easier - however that is when a lot of injuries happen as we have a tendency to lose our focus.

On my way down today, I was thinking frequently about my ankle sprain from earlier in the week and was much more cautious than normal. I also thought that this was a way God was using a bad thing (my injured ankle earlier in the week) and making it good (helping me to be more cautious and possibly preventing a serious injury today).

Pretty cool!

This same thing can be used in our work lives as well. Think about a seemingly bad thing going on right now. God promises us He will use that for good.

No comments: