Friday, August 03, 2007

We'll Miss Ya Dan



On August 17, Dan Patrick will broadcast for the last time on ESPN. This will be a sad day for many, me included as I love his subtle humor.

When asked in Sports Illustrated why he is leaving this is how he responded:

It's (ESPN) a protective cocoon I've been in for a long time. I had started to take it for granted. I don't think I challenged myself, and I don't think I was doing great work.

There is a lot we can pull from and learn from those few sentences but the primary thing that hits me is that he has realized that he has been in his comfort zone.

That is where we all naturally want to be - our comfort zones.

However, if we want to grow, the only way this will happen is if we get outside of our comfort zones. We must break through our fear.

So what are you putting off doing out fear?

No comments: