Thursday, March 19, 2009

Change of Perspective

I have a busy day planned today. Just a couple of hours this morning in the office then I have 4 back-to-back appointments which will keep me out all day. As a result, I planned to get up early, work out, spend some time with God and get an early start to my work day.

My plans were interrupted during my prayer time when my son told me that he had gone back to sleep after he had turned off his alarm and he had missed the bus. I needed to take him to school. This only took 20 minutes but it seemed like it was an hour.

I fought off every temptation to tell him how disappointed I was and that this was really "messing up" my plans for the day. God reminded me that not many days go by in which I don't "mess up" His plans. Yet, He still loves me just the same.

After hearing that, I became very thankful that I have such an awesome son that I "get" to take to school. Thank you Lord!

3 comments:

Lisa Faye Harman said...

Been there. Done that!

Jim Lange said...

Haven't we all!? Why does it seem to not get easier and why don't I have more grace each time? Thanks for checking in!

sharilyn said...

wonderful post. thanks! :)