Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Real McCoy

Tomorrow, the Texas Longhorns take on the Alabama Crimson Tide for the National Championship in college football.

It was fitting that the Fellowship of Christian Athletes featured Texas' star quarterback, Colt McCoy, in an article and had him on the cover of their magazine. By the sounds of it, he is the real deal.

In the article, McCoy had this to say about his lofty position: “I realize God has given me this opportunity and that it’s a platform to shine the light for Him,” McCoy said. “I know I wouldn’t be here without Him. I want to be a guy people can look to and see Christ shining through me.”

What a great attitude.

You don't have to be a star quarterback to have this mindset, however. This is the same attitude we all should take on regardless of what we are doing. So whether you are a president of a company or you sweep floors, read Colt McCoy's statement again and make sure you apply this to your life.

Colt, I hope and pray your light does shine for Him tomorrow night and beyond!

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16

No comments: