Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Wasted Day?

Yesterday I played hooky with my wife. Yes, on a “work” day, we drove about two hours north and hung out in Port Huron, Michigan; a place we had never been. No phone calls. No work at all. No agenda. For those of you who don’t know me, this sort of thing is very difficult for me to do.

A friend of mine just spent the day there with his wife and he recommended it to me, so I decided to kidnap Connie and do the same thing. And, it was truly an awesome day.

Not only was the weather perfect, but we were both amazed at the color of the water in the St. Clair River (shown in picture above) and in Lake Huron. It literally looked like we were staring at the crystal blue water of the Caribbean. But it was only two hours from our home. Incredible.

We spread out a blanket and ate a picnic lunch by the river. We took a leisurely walk. Then we drove to a beach on Lake Huron which reminded us of beaches in Cancun. Again, amazing.

Another great part of our day was the two hour car ride there and back. It gave Connie and me some great time to talk and to listen to some great teachings on CD by Joyce Meyer which really hit home with us.

Yes, you might say I wasted a work day and I might agree with you. However, I believe I invested a day…in my relationship with my wife. And you want to know something that I discovered? The world was still spinning on its axis when we got back. Imagine that.

No comments: