Thursday, October 23, 2008

Peace

Tuesday and Wednesday of this week I was struggling. I was about as stressed as I have ever been. It seemed like the weight of the world was on my shoulders and I had spasms in my back and shoulders that didn't help.

Once a month on Wednesdays, our church has a service called New Community in which we come together for a time of worship, prayer, teaching and communion. I did not feel like going last night because I viewed it as just another "thing" to do on my long list. I wanted to simply chill out at home and try to relax.

But we went...and I am so glad we did!

God met me there in an amazing way. During the first or second song of praise I felt this unexplainable wave of peace come over me that I could never have gotten while sitting in my La-Z-Boy at home. I truly felt God's presence and I am so thankful for that!

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Psalm 62:1-2

No comments: