Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Quiet Time



Yesterday morning I was stressed because I had a magazine article to get written for an upcoming deadline. I also have a newsletter to write for an upcoming issue of Bleedership and I had a talk to prepare for in addition to my regular duties. I wasn't sure how all this was going to happen and I was a bit overwhelmed.

As my day ended yesterday I realized that I had a great day. It seemed like everything worked out. In fact, I not only got my article written, but I wrote another one for the next issue! I also was able to work on my talk a little bit and began formulating some ideas for my next newsletter. Everything else seemed to work out also. And...this all happened in a little more than half a day!

The first three hours I decided to spend with God, just being quiet before Him and listening to what He had to say to me. It was an incredible morning filled with God's presence and I received some direction on several things in my life.

So...I had a great day yesterday--very productive and I spent a good portion of it with my heavenly Father. I think there is a lesson there! What do you think?

"Be still, and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10a

No comments: