Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Calm as a Cat

This is a picture of one of our two cats, Frisco, aka "Fat Cat." Both of our cats do some crazy things that keep us laughing and they are a lot of fun. However, almost every morning they can be pretty annoying as they do a great job of waking us up so they can get fed. Thankfully, most times it is right around the time my alarm goes off which was the case this morning at 5 AM.

As I went downstairs to start my routine (feeding them, working out, quiet time with God) I was struck by how normal this morning was. The cats were acting exactly the same as they have just about every other morning. To them, they are going to have a great day with no anxiety...life is good...they are getting fed.

I thought about how different that is for many people who are waking up this morning with fear or anxiety because of the election results. I have to admit I had a little twinge of doubt in my mind as well.

However, I believe God wants us to be like my cats. Make it a great day...life is good...God is in control!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: