Thursday, November 20, 2008

Patience

A good friend of mine, Rich called me on his way home from work the other day. He was as excited as I have ever heard him. His boss had just resigned.

This may seem like it's not a big deal...but in this case, it is a huge deal.

Several months ago Rich was sharing how awful it was to be working for this particular person. He mentioned that his situation was very similar to what I went through that led me to write Bleedership, Biblical First-Aid for Leaders. The fact he needed to deal with a boss like this was awful and I could definitely relate.

I suggested he go to the board of directors to see about having him removed. He said others had suggested that as well but that didn't feel right to him. He said he was just going to bide his time and possibly look for other employment. He said this was really tough, though because he loves where he works.

Well, his patience obviously paid off. Rich followed his convictions and didn't try to take things into his own hands. He let God deal with it and he has now been blessed for it. Thanks for the great example Rich!

No comments: