Monday, September 10, 2007

Learn from Lloyd



Many of you know that I am a huge Ohio State Buckeye fan, which by definition makes me not like the Michigan Wolverines. For the record, I am also not a fan of their coach, Lloyd Carr. However, I was impressed with something he said after their humiliating loss to the Oregon Ducks this past weekend.

"There isn't anything that comes my way that I can't handle professionally. And, there is nothing that can keep me down. Not a loss to Appalachian State, not a loss to Oregon, not a hundred losses, and not the loss of my job."

It sounds like he doesn't care what everyone thinks - he just has a job to do and he is going to do it. I hope he means all of this because the pressure on him will now be intense.

Can I be honest with you? I have a tendency to want to please others. I think a lot of people are this way. But, we are to play to an audience of One. That means there will be times when others are not happy with us - but we are commanded to do this. So let's learn from Lloyd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he might be on the unemployment line soon, but regardless he does have faith. Good man!