Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Leave it on the Field

I love what Zig Ziglar says when asked if he is retired:

"I'm not retired, I'm refired. I'm not gonna ease up, let up, shut up or give up until I'm taken up. As a matter of fact, I'm just getting warmed up!"

That is the way I want to live my life. Kind of like the football player who is utterly exhausted after a hard-fought game--he feels like he left it all on the field.

On Friday afternoons I sometimes feel like I am running out of gas. On those occasions, I know I have had a productive week. I feel like I have left it all on the field and given my best effort.

If you didn't have to work for your current boss, would you work harder? If God were your boss, how productive do you think you would be? Guess what? God is your boss even if you report to someone else at work. We are commanded to work with all our heart for Him no matter what we are doing.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

No comments: