Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Donuts With Dad



This morning, I attended "Donuts with Dad" with my son Robbie at his school. These are always fun events where I get to see many other dads I have not seen in a while. It is also a nice excuse to indulge in a donut or two. But it is especially fun because I get to spend that time with my son.

This morning was a little extra special for me and I can't say for sure why this is. Maybe it is because on our way out the door, my wife Connie reminded me that this would be my last Donuts with Dad since Robbie will be in junior high next year. Maybe it is because the donuts were extra fresh and very tasty. But I think it is because I really enjoy being with my son and our bond is growing deeper, especially over this last year.

On my way into the office this morning I was thinking about how these times, times we spend with loved ones are so special. We don't get any rewards from our boss for this. We don't receive financial bonuses. But we are doing something much greater--we are building up those who are in our care--and that is the greatest work we can do.

No comments: