Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Humility

...Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought,but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Romans 12:3b

Most mornings for the past 30-40 days, I have been reading Romans 12 and then meditating on a verse that stands out to me that morning. Some days, nothing really jumps out but then other mornings I feel like God is putting flashing neon lights around something He wants me to learn.

This morning was one of those mornings.

The verse above jumped off the page at me this morning. I know God was trying to get my attention and show me I needed to get off my high horse--my feeling like I am so important. You see, I have realized that I like to impress people. When I realize I have done something with the sole purpose of trying to impress others, I now feel sick to my stomach.

As a result, I think I am getting better...but I think God is telling me I still need to work on this...especially in my marriage!

How does this relate to you?

No comments: