I'll bet those who you think are great listeners are held in high esteem by you. Wouldn't you like someone to be able to say that you are a great listener?
It truly is easier to be understood after you listen to the other person first. Have you tried it lately?
I challenge you to try it today. In fact you will probably find your frustration level dropping as being misunderstood can be frustrating. And, as leaders, we need to step up to improve communication all around us because it is so important.
This is much needed as it is so easy to be misunderstood as these church bulletin announcements prove:
- Ushers will eat latecomers.
- She sang "I Will Not Pass This Way Again," giving much pleasure to the congregation.
- Sermon this morning: Jesus Walks on the Water. Sermon tonight: Searching for Jesus.
- The patient is having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack's sermons.
- Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say "hell " to someone who doesn't care much about you.
- A letter to the men’s fellowship reads: "All members are requested to bring their wives and one other covered dish to the annual banquet."
- The Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
- Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
- The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The Congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- Thursday night Potluck Supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use the large double door at the side entrance.
- Mrs. Johnson will be entering the hospital this week for testes.
- Please join us as we show our support for Amy and Alan who are preparing for the girth of their first child.
- The Lutheran Men's group will meet at 6 PM. Steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, bread and dessert will be served for a nominal feel.
- The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours."
- Our next song is "Angels We Have Heard Get High."
- Don't let worry kill you, let the church help.
- For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.