Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Not my Plans

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. James 4:13-16

I had great plans for this morning. I was going to get up early, work out, spend some time with God and get to work early. I had a lot to catch up on at work so I was excited to get my day going.

On my way to my basement, I heard a loud sucking noise coming from the area where our sump pump is. The crock was dry and the pump was running so I obviously had a problem. I unplugged it and did my workout and God time and returned to plug it in--hoping for a miracle and that it all of a sudden would be working again.

That was not the case so I trudged off to Home Depot to see if they would replace it since I had only purchased it 15 months earlier. I paid extra for this particular sump pump because it said "Lifetime Warranty" on the outside of the box. However, upon closer examination of the owner’s manual I noticed it said 12 month warranty which did not make me happy.

At 7:00 AM I arrived at Home Depot and explained my situation and as told that I can go get a new sump pump. Now that is customer service!

I got home and replaced it with not too much difficulty. But, my plans to get off to an early start were shattered. Once again, I think God is showing me that although I would like to be, I am not in control!

No comments: