Thursday, October 18, 2007

Our Power

There is a story told of a woman who went to a jeweler to have her watch fixed. The jeweler disappeared to the back and soon returned with it running perfectly. Surprised, the woman asked how he could fix it so soon. He told her it only needed a new battery. "Battery? Battery? Nobody said anything about a battery. I've been winding it every morning!"

I received this story from Dr. David Jeremiah in an email devotional. While it seems silly, this is they way many of us live our lives. We take things into our own hands without realizing the power we have through the Holy Spirit. I know I am guilty of this very often.

With God's help, I am committed to listening and being open to the guiding of the Holy Spirit in my daily activities. So will you join me?

But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you . . .Acts 1:8a

No comments: