Thursday, January 03, 2008

Swimming In Jello


A couple of days ago I was driving my 11 year-old son, Robbie and a friend of his over to his friend's house. Out of nowhere, my son said, "I think it would be really cool to swim in jello."

Of course I laughed at such a thought. It was silly and not relevant to anything we were talking about. But there was something fun about thinking about swimming in jello.

Then I thought about his comment. Why don't I think of things like this anymore? Why don't other adults? Then I remembered that Jesus instructed us to have childlike faith.

But what does that mean?

To me it means to live a life with joy, enjoying each and every moment and looking for ways to make any situation fun or finding the good in all circumstances. It means to trust God even though you don't know how He is going to do something--kind of the way a child trusts his mother or father to care for them.

A great reminder for me. Thanks for the lesson Robbie!

"I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Mark 10:15

No comments: