Thursday, January 17, 2008

Prayer At Work

Last night at church I was talking with Steve who told me about a tough situation he has been having at work. It seems his boss is somewhat of a tyrant and is making their work environment very unhealthy.

This is something I can definitely relate to (If you don't know why, see Bleedership, Biblical First-Aid for Leaders).

Anyway, Steve mentioned he was seriously considering quitting. He then decided months ago to spend some quiet time with God to see if He would provide some direction to him. Steve said he felt God was telling him to stick it out and be a positive influence. So that's what he did.

He went to work and gathered other Christians and they began a regular time of prayer for their boss. He said it has been amazing what has happened. Over the past four months his boss has started to come around and has even apologized to him!

What a great testimony! Thanks for your example Steve!

2 comments:

Rick said...

That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing that story, Jim! What a great testimony to what our God can/will do, if his people just pray.

Jim Lange said...

Thanks Rick. I agree. I needed to hear that also. I sometimes (OK, oftentimes) find myself trying to do things on my own. I so appreciated Steve's story!