Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hakuna Matata


One of my favorite parts of The Lion King is when Timon and Pumba introduce themselves to Simba after he had run away. To cheer him up and help him to take his mind off his problems, they taught him their motto, Hakuna Matata, which means "no worries."

Simba embraces this philosophy and goes about happily living life.

I am one who has done his fair share of worrying in my life. I am much better than I used to be but I still have a ways to go.

A very wise man once said, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (Jesus quoted in Matthew 6:27). In other words, worrying does absolutely NO good!

I have heard it said that when you are facing some challenges you can worry or you can pray. Phillipians 4:6-7 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, whith thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which trnscends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

2 comments:

Rick said...

I'm resting in the comfort of those verses right now, my friend. Thanks for posting them though as a reminder to me.

Jim Lange said...

You are welcome Rick! Thanks for keeping me company! I appreciate you!