Friday, August 22, 2008

Be Still...

Things have been a little hectic in my life lately. It has all been a good hectic though.

God has been doing some amazing things in the past several months.

This past year I was chairman of the National Day of Prayer Breakfast in Toledo. Our speaker for that May 1st event was Ray Hilbert from Truth@Work in Indianapolis.

After the breakfast, Ray and I spent a couple hours getting to know one another at a local Bob Evans. Little did I know that during our brief time together God was going to show up in such a big way!

We discussed the possibility of starting the Truth At Work concept in NW Ohio and I was very excited. It was as if God was telling me that this is what He has been preparing me for. So I decided to go to Indianapolis to observe one of their half-day sessions. This included a group of business owners and key executives who gather together each month to discuss issues that are critical to their personal, business and spiritual success. During this executive roundtable the group was guided through a highly structured and proven program that helped them advise one another on how to handle critical business and personal issues from a Biblical perspective.

Ray is coming to Toledo next week to conduct a couple of private briefings regarding Truth@Work. The purpose of this is to inform Christian leaders from our area as to the benefits of this program and to invite them to participate in an executive roundtable group.

As a result, I have been sending out invitations, learning as much as I can and preparing for these meetings.

I feel as if I have been running hard.

In the Bible, when Jesus sensed that He had been going hard, he retreated to a quiet place to be with His Father. When I have a lot to do, the thought of going off and “doing nothing” and being with God doesn’t seem logical. However, I am going to follow Jesus’ example this morning and have a personal retreat with God. I am hopeful that I can be still enough to hear what He wants me to hear.

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10a

No comments: