Sunday, August 03, 2008

That's Not My Job!




I have seen pictures of things like this before but I had never witnessed it first-hand. On the way home from a pool party yesterday, my family spotted this on the side of the road about a mile from our house. So, at their insistence, we turned around so we could get a closer look (and snap a picture or two).

I don't know much about painting lines on the road but I do know that I really appreciate the people who do it (especially when it's dark and rainy)! Maybe there are rules in place that state they are not allowed to move things out of the way while they are painting; however, I think that is a pretty slim possibility.

Don't you find this incredible? Painting right over roadkill? Not only is it gross, but it just says, "I don't care about my job or doing my job well."

I hope we all can take a different attitude. After all, you never know who is watching and who you might impact by doing your job well!

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
Colossians 3:23

No comments: