Thursday, September 11, 2008

Begin With The End In Mind

Today, I noticed in our local paper an obituary that saddened me. I know, I know...obituaries aren't usually uplifting, but this one caught my eye.

The reason it stood out was because it was so short. One sentence to be exact. No family listed, no accomplishments listed...only the time and location for the memorial service.

I hope that this obituary was short simply to save money. If not, this is very sad. It's as if this obituary is saying this person really didn't live. All he did was be born and now he's dead. Sad.

Let's not let that be the case with our lives.

I have mentioned this before but I am going to do so again. We must picture our funeral and what others would say about us and how they were impacted by us. Then we must live up to those standards so that people actually will say those things about us.

Live with the end in mind. Carpe Diem!

No comments: