Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Millenials

Last week at our private briefing for Truth At Work, Ray Hilbert talked about Millenials, also known as Generation Y. These are the people just now entering the workforce. He mentioned that they will be changing the face of the workplace because work life balance is so important to them.

This balance is critical to all of us, even if we don't realize it. If you are like me, you oftentimes go full-steam ahead when you have a lot on your plate. I feel like if I don't do this, I will get further behind and this stresses me out to no end.

There is probably some good in that line of thinking, but I really think, in my case anyway, that it is a weakness. I know that this inevitably will lead to burnout. I really need to learn from the younger generation about this thing called balance.

If you would like to learn more about Millenials, here is a great article.

No comments: