Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Change


The US Treasury Department announced yesterday that for the first time in 50 years, the penny will be changed...actually four times. Starting on Lincoln's birthday, February 12, the first coin will be released with a change to the "tails" side (shown above). Then every three months after that a new one will be released. Lincoln's head will still adorn the front of the coin.

I remember when the state quarters came out and I thought that was a pretty neat change. I think this change to the penny is also. But why? Change is typically something I am not a fan of. But I suppose this change is OK because it doesn't really impact me. I am sure that is why I think this is a neat thing.

As soon as I need to change or something in my environment changes that impacts my comfort, you can be sure I won't be excited about that. However, as much as I would like to stay in my comfort zone, I also know that the only way I can grow and get better is to get outside of it.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

No comments: