Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Easy Come Easy Go...


My entire life I have always seen the value of homes increase...until the past year or so. I have always been told that the stock market is a great place to have money as it will provide a greater return over the years than almost anywhere else.

You all know what has happened to the housing market lately. The issues there, coupled with the increase in fuel prices have impacted many other industries, even the financial services sector. Lehman Brothers, a company that weathered the Great Depression, filed the largest bankruptcy in our country's history yesterday. This led to a drop of over 500 points in the Dow Jones Industrial average, the largest single-day drop since trading resumed after the 9/11 attacks.

I was raised to believe that our security comes from the money we have invested and saved. God has really been working on me and showing me that anything I have is actually His and He is just loaning it to me for a while.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19-21

No comments: