Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bad Bosses

At Toponlineengineeringdegree.com, there is an article about the 25 worst bosses of all time. I'm not sure how they determined the rankings but it makes for a fun read.

If you have a rotten boss, it will more than likely make you feel a little better--at least you might realize that it could be worse.

This list can also be a reminder to us that we don't want to be on anyone's list of worst bosses. As many of you know, I had a boss who I would rank right up there with those on the top five of this list. He was an egotistical tyrant who made life miserable for all who worked for him. He truly believed in the adage, "The beatings will continue until morale improves!" He so impacted me that I wrote a book (Bleedership, Biblical First-Aid for Leaders) where I contrasted his leadership style with the great leaders of the Bible.

Now I am so thankful he was in my life because God used that tough situation to change the entire trajectory of my life. So if you are dealing with a tough manager, hang in there--at some point in time you will probably see this time as a blessing.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

No comments: