Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Compliment Guys

An article appeared in The Toledo Blade a few weeks ago highlighting the fact that two young men from Purdue University (one is from Toledo) spend time on campus giving compliments. Watch the video above to see them in action.

This is incredible on a couple of fronts. One, these two college students are actually thinking of others at that age. When I was in college, I was hardly ever thinking of anyone else other than me and I'm not sure if I knew anyone who did.

The second thing that struck me is that when watching this video, it seemed like some of their compliments were kind of shallow, such as "Hey I like your backpack." But even so, the people receiving these compliments actually seemed to be genuinely lifted up by them.

This showed me that people are starved for love and encouragement. So I encourage you to think about this and be on the lookout for someone you can compliment and encourage today. You never know...it may be the highlight of their day!

Therefore, encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments: