Thursday, April 23, 2009

Be Still...

Over the past couple of weeks I have encouraged at least three people to take a retreat for the first time. Each of these people were either really stressed or they were feeling somewhat disconnected from God. I was encouraged to add this to my repertoire about a year and a half ago and it has really helped me…in so many ways, especially in my relationship with Christ.

Because I have been a little stressed lately and because I am seeking His direction in a lot of areas of my life, I thought I better take my own advice. So…yesterday, I had a retreat of my own. It amazes me how different each one is for me.

Sometimes I get some incredible revelations while other times I feel God’s presence in amazing ways.

Yesterday was not one of those revelation days. But, it was a day filled with His presence and peace. I spent some time praising Him. I did some reading. I did some praying. I spent time simply being quiet before the Lord. I spent about three and a half hours in all, maybe four.

And you know what? The second half of my day went very smoothly. Do you think there is a connection here?

It’s amazing how things work when you put Him first.

“Be still and know that I am God.”
Psalm 46:10a

1 comment:

michelle b. said...

favorite verse...sometimes I catch myself turning away from it..because I want to be in control..I know I am not in control..I just need reminded. I heard on the radio about the one thing you can control and this is your heart...

Let me know if I can I help with what has you stressed?