Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Success

On Monday I posted about some nuggets John Maxwell shared with us last week while he was in Toledo. One of them was his definition of success. He said that, to him, success was "that those who know me the best, respect me the most."

I thought that was very good. In today's day and age, success is typically defined by the house you live, the car you drive or how much money you make. What Maxwell is saying is that you might have all these things, but if your family and close friends don't respect you or even know you, are you really a success? I think not.

Although I agree with this, why is it that I often find myself striving for the world's definition of success? Why do I not simply abide in Christ and step off the treadmill for a little while? Thankfully, this is something God is really working on in me. I'm not where I want to be but I am so thankful I am not where I used to be!

If you want to see a neat 3 minute video on success, click here and then click on the link that says, "Watch the DVD movie."

No comments: