Monday, June 15, 2009

Celebrate

I feel like I need to go to work so that I can rest. On Saturday of this weekend, we attended graduation party #1. Shortly thereafter, we attended a wedding in which our daughter was the maid of honor.

Yesterday after church, we attended graduation party #2 which was next door. Then we attended graduation party #3. We returned from #3 and then went back to #2.

Whew. I'm tired.

It was great to see so many good friends and catch up. However, I really long for a day of doing nothing.

Maybe me looking forward to doing nothing is a good sign. I don't relax well normally. Perhaps part of God's commandment to rest on the seventh day is starting to sink in with me.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Jesus in Matthew 11:28

No comments: