Monday, June 08, 2009

We Are Family

We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up ev'rybody and sing

In 1979, Sister Sledge released this great single, We Are Family. This past week, I got to experience what they were singing about.

At the Call2All Gathering in Hong Kong last week, there were representatives from over 100 countries. I met people from many different cultures and I will have to say I had my eyes, and my heart opened.

All of these people from different walks of life were gathering under the banner of Christ, for one purpose, to see His love spread throughout the world. It was incredible, to say the least.

I truly felt part of something much bigger than myself. I felt true unity. I saw myself as having millions of brothers and sisters...as one big family. As a result of this, I have a renewed love for all people.

I met many wonderful people, including Sylvester from Kenya, Maria from China, Mary from the United Kingdom, Vareena from South Africa and Eddie from Hong Kong (our waiter who prayed to receive Christ at our table with us!). All awesome people. My family!

"Love your neighbor as yourself."
Matthew 22:39b

No comments: