Monday, November 23, 2009

Bad Things Happen

Tate Forcier loses a fumble in the end-zone early in the game resulting in a Buckeye touchdown

On Saturday, my son and I took the 45 minute trip north to Ann Arbor to watch The Game, Ohio State vs. Michigan in what most say is the greatest rivalry in all of sports.

Being Buckeyes, Robbie and I were thrilled with the 21-10 Ohio State victory, their sixth in a row over the Wolverines. Ohio State was able to come up with five turnovers, all from Michigan's quarterback, Tate Forcier.

On Sunday, we watched the recording of the ABC telecast. Matt Millen who was providing color commentary for the game said this of Forcier, "Bad things happen to all players. It's how you react that matters."

So true.

A friend of mine once asked me, "If someone spits on you does that make you mad?"

I said, "Absolutely."

He said, "No it doesn't. It makes you wet. It's your choice to be mad."

He had me. He was right.

We are all going to face challenges and obstacles in this life. How we respond to them will determine the type of person we will become.

"I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
Jesus in John 16:33

No comments: