Monday, November 02, 2009

Encouragement

"You can be better than me." Those were the words of former Ohio State quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith to current Buckeye quarterback, Terrelle Pryor.

In a nice article in the Toledo Blade last Friday, it was revealed that Smith has reached out to the young Pryor to help him to deal with his many critics. Two weeks prior, Terrelle had turned the ball over four times in an upset loss to the Purdue Boilermakers and he was the subject of much criticism in Columbus and beyond.

In reading the article, it sounded like Pryor is very appreciative of the kind words of Smith. Based on his solid performance one game later against the Minnesota Golden Gophers, Smith's words might have been just what Pryor needed.

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up.
1 Thessalonians 5:11a

2 comments:

Bradley J. Moore said...

How about I encourage you? Great work with this Blog! I will keep visiting to get words of inspiration in my spiritual life. God bless!

Jim Lange said...

Bradley, thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words and this is very encouraging to me! Thank you!