Monday, November 30, 2009

No Pain, No Gain

I have been having some tightness in my shoulders lately and my chiropractor, Dr. Daryl, suggested that I begin lifting weights again. You see, I do this in my basement and ever since we had the flood in the basement, I have not gotten back to my weight workouts.

It had been a couple months and I just knew that when I began, I would be very sore...so I just put it off. Well, this weekend I finally got back at it. And guess what? I am sore. But it's a good kind of sore. I know it is all for good.

We also decorated our house on Saturday for Christmas. The thought of this on Friday had my wife and I groaning. Don't get me wrong, we love Christmas. It's just that this task seems to be more overwhelming each year. But, we did it.

Not only did we get it done, we actually had a little fun doing it (I love working alongside Connie...it's one of my favorite things to do). Then she and I got to go out to dinner and have a nice evening together enjoying our newly decorated house.

Many times, in order to move forward, we will need to experience pain or at least do some things that we are not excited about. I heard it said once that pain is mandatory but suffering is optional. It's all attitude.

No comments: