Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Going With The Flow


This morning I led our 2nd Tuesday of the month Truth At Work roundtable group meeting from 7:30 - 11:30. It was a great meeting as usual!

I then went home to get some work done (I work out of a home office) before heading to a meeting at 3:00. I opened the door to the basement to put some things away before eating lunch when I heard this awful sound...the sound of water gushing.

I rushed downstairs to find a couple of inches of water on the floor and water being shot against the wall in our closet (see the shiny floor in the picture above). A pipe had broken coming out of our sump pump and the pump was pumping away and shooting water everywhere. I guess it was quite a site as I was trying to get it under control as I was soaking wet.

Anyway, my plans of getting some work done went out the window. Connie, our two daughters, two of Connie's friends who were over for a Bible study and I spent the next several hours carting stuff upstairs to get it out of the way. We actually had quite a few laughs during this time and talked about how thankful we were that we were home and that it was not much worse.

And, believe it or not, I didn't stress too much about missing out on getting my stuff done. I actually found myself going with the flow (pun intended). Proof that God can do anything!

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: