Friday, July 09, 2010

Alone

This morning I had the privilege of facilitating the first roundtable meeting of our fourth Truth At Work group in the Toledo area. These groups of 10-15 business and ministry leaders gather together once each month to act as a board of advisors to one another in helping each another to grow their organizations in a God-honoring way while at the same time helping them to grow personally and spiritually.

Each time a new group forms, I am eager to see what will happen as each group develops a personality of its own. As I have been with each of our other three groups, I was amazed at how God just seemed to integrate everyone together in a short period of time this morning. It was incredible.

Being a business or ministry leader can be a lonely place. The leader really can't, or doesn't want to, share everything with their employees, their partners or even with their spouse. As I said, it can be very lonely. Today I sensed from each of the members that they were relieved...like they truly felt they were no longer "alone." What a great thing!

So who can you share everything with? If you don't have someone, I encourage you to make this a priority in your life!


Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Hebrews 10:25

No comments: